FO: Knotty but Nice

4:54 PM 0 Comments

Yay!  My first finished project for the TNN 10 in 2010 challenge.  This is for the category '10 projects':

Modelled on LittleMiss

What:  Knotty but Nice by Natalie Larson
Yarn:  Bendigo Woollen Mills Luxury 10ply in Leaf
Needles:  4.5mm, 40cm circs
Would I knit again:  Maybe.  It sits low over your ears (didn't look good on J - he's got a small head) so I'd maybe start decreasing straight after the cable instead of doing the 7 rib rows the pattern says.  The cables were fun and once I got the idea, I didn't have to check the pattern so not too tricky to do.

This was a fun, quick knit that only took me a day to do (cast on Saturday night, finished Sunday night).  It's so nice to do quick projects like this when most of my other ones seem to be bigger, longer knits.  This hat is going to be sent off to my big bro up north (don't know if it gets cold enough up there to get use!) along with the Milo vest I made ages ago for his boy and the Aeolian Shawl (that's awaiting blocking) for my loverly SIL.  This is my style of Christmas presents - have the brilliant idea to make presents a month out from Christmas and finish almost a month late...


Now off to update my Ravelry...



Amber

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard.

0 comments:

Comments give me the warm fuzzys! Thanks for leaving yours...