Knitting Plans

8:05 PM 0 Comments

My loverly J is away today enjoying himself so I get to have a lazy day at home with the girls.  I was planning on taking a photo of my sock yarn stash as mentioned last time, but the camera is out today also.  So, instead I'll post a few photos I took the other day to update my Ravelry projects and detail what I have in mind on accomplishing (knit-wise) this year...

First up
This I'm planning on turning into a Rainbow Dress for my new niece for winter so I'll be doing a size 6mths or maybe slightly larger as it's more of a 5ply.  It's a hand-dyed crepe in a 'Berry' colourway with matching shop wool for contrast that I got off the TNN trading post.


This is the start of a Spring Butterfly for a friend's new girl.  I might still change my mind as she commented that she liked the idea of a cute winter dress like the Oriental Lily I was making when visiting the other day.  I don't think I'll do an Oriental Lily though as I'm planning on making at least another one after the test knit I'm doing at the moment so might turn this into a Kaia Babydoll instead.  The yarn is from The Wool Co in Watermelon with the top part done in Paeony Rose.


That's all I have photos of the yarn at the moment (until the camera is home again).  But in the meantime, here's some of my plans for knitting this year:
Knotty but Nice - I'm planning on making both my brother's one of these (and maybe J too if he likes it).  I have some Bendigo Woollen Mills Luxury on order that I'm planning on using.
Poppy Cardigan - probably will make one each for the girls of this in whatever yarn I have enough of.  LittleMiss has her birthday at the begining of Feburary and she's the only one that doesn't have a doll yet so guess what she'll be getting then?
Gail - I started this just two days ago.  Planning on giving it to my Mum and doing it with beads in the 'spine' of the 'leaf' part of the pattern.  So far it looks good...
Oriental Lily - I'm making one of these already as a test knit for Tikki the designer, but we're having arguments over whose it will be.  I started it a while ago for MiddleMiss in TWC Gems, but then ripped it to re-do a different size with the proper pattern.  I'm doing the size based on BigMiss' measurements, but it's a little tighter than I want for a winter jersey and it is the colour MiddleMiss chose so it might just be hers anyway. 
So yesterday I ordered some Opal and Sky from TWC to make another one to keep them both happy.
Elenka - I've ordered the yarn for this from BWM when I ordered the Luxury for the hat (above), though I'm not sure who it will be for.  I'm planning on making the largest size (which is a size 5) and just seeing who it fits.

So that gives me eight knits towards my "10 in 2010 - finish 10 projects" category.


I'm also planning on doing these socks:
Outside In - Started these for me last year but ripped as they were too tight so will either do in a larger size or larger needles.  Doing in a Vintage Purls' colourway called Brandywine.
My Vampire Boyfriend - I have the perfect red to do these in!
Absinthe - I have a few nice greens to use for this.
Shur'tugal - I was planning on doing this for my sis but she chose her own pattern so I might still do this for me as I have a few 'dragon' type colours in my stash.
Monkey - I've started this several times for BigMiss, but think I finally have it worked out to make a size that will fit!  The yarn is ripped and re-wound so it will be a fresh start.
Dolce - I have this yarn which LittleMiss chose for herself so thought I'd attempt to make this to fit her...
Brigit - This is what my sis has chosen for herself which I started earlier this week (after finishing Mum's socks I was making).

So that's seven towards my "10 in 2010 - Socks"
Plus I have to make something for MiddleMiss which I haven't decided on what yet, and I've signed up for the Vintage Purls Summer Sock Club which will give my another three, and there are many other sock patterns I have in my Rav favourites...Mayby I'll be doing two lots of 10???


And if that's not all enough, I've also been tempted to jump on the "10 in 2010 - Dishcloths" wagon by this blog post that I heard about.  I'm not sure I'll do it as dishcloths, I had an interesting idea to make up squares of wool and join them together to make a blanket at the end of the year instead...Still deciding so haven't cast on yet (waiting for BWM order to arrive which has my cotton in it anyway).


So, whether it takes me all year to do this or only a few months we'll find out...

Amber

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard.

0 comments:

Comments give me the warm fuzzys! Thanks for leaving yours...