A Great Day for a Photo Shoot

5:47 PM , , 1 Comments


So LittleMiss was desperate for new pants.  And I mean DESPERATE.  Her single pair of good jeans ripped at the knee just the other day and all her other pants are kindy pants.  (Meaning they either have rips in both knees or are scummy, painting pants not suitable for public wear.)  And, like all my girls, LittleMiss doesn't fit shop bought pants unless they have adjustable elastic.  And do you think local shops in town sell pants with adjustable elastic?  Of course not, you have to travel to the big shopping centres in the city (min. 1hr drive) to find any. 


So one day I happened to be child-free and in the city so I bought LittleMiss a pair of jeans.  They didn't fit.  MiddleMiss got them because they fit her.  So what do you do when you can't buy things to fit?  You make them.  So I did.


I had bought material to make the girls pants ages ago.  They'd chosen their own colours.  BigMiss chose pale pink, MiddleMiss chose lavender and LittleMiss chose camo "So I can go hunting with Papa in new hunting pants."


I made these using an Ottobre pattern (19 from 1/2006).  LittleMiss loves that it has heaps of pockets and I like my sewing to look store-bought rather than homemade so I spend time on the details.


It has metal dome snap buttons at the front fly, contrast piping on the front pockets, small metal snaps closing the back pocket flaps, contrast double top-stitching, a cute farm animal tag on one side pocket and best of all...it fits her perfectly!  (I had to make the waist two sizes smaller than her age-size length to suit her measurements.)


Amber

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard.

1 comment:

  1. They do look store bought but more amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Comments give me the warm fuzzys! Thanks for leaving yours...