Exciting News #1

3:45 PM , 1 Comments

So you want to hear about my exciting news?

A couple of days after our holiday finished and I was busy trying to catch up on the three weeks off work, I got an email.  The sort of email that goes "...we are happy to tell you that we have accepted your submission for xx (pattern)!"

I was very excited and had to tell all my knitter family/friends!

But, I had only got as far as working out the numbers and doing a small construction swatch when I sent off the submission.  I had decided to not think about it until I heard back in case I was disappointed and it wasn't accepted.

Turns out that wasn't too smart an idea, really!  I had just six weeks to write up the pattern, knit the prototype, take photos and email it through by the deadline.  And this was a 4-ply (fingering) garment in size 8yrs I was making!

Everything turned out ok in the end.  I managed to just get everything done by the deadline (except for an email issue - don't try and send too many high res photos in one email!) and the sun even co-operated for the photo shoot.

You're probably wishing I would give more details about the pattern, but you'll just have to wait until it's released!  Though I can tell you a few things about it:
  • it's a girl's pattern
  • it'll be free!
  • it'll be in the spring issue of Petite Purls, due out in April 2012
  • and I will let you know on here when it's up and all the other details too!

And because a post isn't complete without a picture, here's a sneak peak:





PS. You might have noticed I titled this post #1.  That's because I have MORE news to tell!  Watch this space, it just gets more exciting...(well, for me at least!)

Amber

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard.

1 comment:

Comments give me the warm fuzzys! Thanks for leaving yours...