March of the Elephants

6:30 PM , 0 Comments

My big brother had a little boy just before MiddleMiss' birthday last month.  And a new family member means an excuse for teeny tiny knitting.

And not wanting it to take me forever to design a special, for-the-new-baby knit that would only just be gifted before it was too small like I usually do, I decided to just knit someone else's pattern.


This is the Puerperium Cardigan pattern by a fellow Kiwi designer, Kelly Brooker.

The free, NB size pattern is written for 8ply/DK yarn but I wanted to use up some of my Vintage Purls sock yarn stash so re-calculated the numbers to suit.  Though, if I wasn't such a cheap-skate, I could've just bought the full Beyond Puerperium pattern which is multi-sized and written for three different yarn weights (including 4ply).
In my defense, I didn't even think to check if the full version included 4ply until after I'd knit it anyway!

Details:
Yarn - Vintage Purls sock in 'Chaff' and Patons (I think? very old, missing ball bands) crepe wool
Pattern - Puerperium Cardigan by Kelly Brooker (free NB size pattern)
Elephants - stranded knitting (my first attempt!) using this pattern
Buttons - umm, still to come?


Amber

Some say he’s half man half fish, others say he’s more of a seventy/thirty split. Either way he’s a fishy bastard.

0 comments:

Comments give me the warm fuzzys! Thanks for leaving yours...